Land Rover chops jobs LONDON — Ford Motor Co.'s Land Rover sport/utility vehicle unit will cut 150 to 250 jobs at its plant in Solihull. Land Rover is making the cuts because its engine supplier, BMW AG, is unable to increase its supply of diesel engines. The lack of supply will reduce production of Freelanders from 84,000 units to 74,000 units. The redundancies will be voluntary, Land Rover says. U.K. prices still high BRUSSELS — New car prices continue to be the highest in the U.K., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.