Valeo slows investments in South America PARIS — French supplier, Valeo, says it will slow investment in South America to adapt to slowing vehicle production by automakers in the region. Valeo has 17 plants in South America with five more under construction. The region represents 2% of global sales, while North America and Europe are responsible for 95% of sales. The devaluation of the Brazilian real has led to a slump in production of vehicles from prior year levels, a company statement ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.