Rover cuts 400 at Swindon, U.K., plant LONDON — Rover Group Ltd. will cut at least 400 jobs at its Swindon, U.K., pressing and tooling plant. The automaker says the cuts were part of the process of integrating Rover into parent company BMW AG. But a U.K. business newspaper says the cuts were made while shifting jobs to Germany and other European countries. Swindon makes the body panels for Rover's troubled Longbridge, U.K., plant. Rover continues to lose money for BMW, which says Rover ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.