VW to announce Piech replacement FRANKFURT — Volkswagen AG prepares to decide on a successor to Chief Executive Ferdinand Piech in November. The move comes sooner than many expected but curtails longtime speculation on the automaker's future. Former BMW Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder has emerged as a frontrunner for the job. Many thought the decision would be announced at the end of 2002, when Piech had said he will retire. Piech, who now may step down earlier, reportedly hopes to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.