EC to probe Ford subsidies in Flanders BRUSSELS — The European Commission has launched a formal investigation into aid granted to Ford Motor Co. by Belgium's Flanders region, saying there are doubts about the necessity of the aid. The US$5.8 million in aid is to launch a new Transit van at the Ford plant in Genk. Ford is investing US$281.8 million to build the new model. Under EC rules, regional aid may be up to 10% of the company's investment. While Ford's aid is below that amount, the EC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.