Fiat cancels SUV based on Mitsubishi Pinin TURIN — Fiat SpA pulls out of a joint venture with Mitsubishi Motors Corp. that would have had the Italian automaker launching a MMC-based small sport/utility vehicle (SUV) by June 2001. The project was one of the first to fall under pressure of the Fiat-General Motors Corp. alliance and the acquisition of a controlling stake into Mitsubishi by DaimlerChrysler AG. Industrie Pininfarina SpA was set to build the Fiat vehicle with chassis, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.