Volvo, MMC boost share BORN, the Netherlands — AB Volvo and Mitsubishi Motors Corp. buy the Dutch government's 33% stake in Netherlands Car B.V. (NedCar) for US$118 million. The JV, now 50-50 owned by the two automakers, builds the Volvo S40/V40 and Mitsubishi Charisma and SpaceStar. The sale was part of the JV's original contract that said the government could pull out of the deal at the end of 1998. Volvo denies reports GOTEBURG, Sweden — AB Volvo says it has no plans to sell its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.