MMC chief says Volvo to end Dutch JV BORN, the Netherlands — Mitsubishi Motors Corp. President Katsuhiko Kawasoe says Volvo Cars wants to end its joint venture, Netherlands Car B.V. (NedCar) when the current contract expires in 2004. NedCar assembles the Volvo S/V40 and two models of the Mitsubishi Carisma on a shared platform. Kawasoe says Volvo wants to use a platform from owner Ford Motor Co. for the next-generation S/V40. However, a Volvo Cars spokesman in Gothenburg, Sweden, denies ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.