Smart readies Cabrio for European sale FRANKFURT — A convertible Smart will hit dealerships in March with a DM22,200 to DM24,000 (US$11,513 to US$12,447) price tag. DaimlerChrysler AG's Micro Compact Car unveiled the vehicle at the Frankfurt auto show in September. The automaker sold 80,000 Smart cars last year, well below its goal of 140,000. The company says sales in 2000 will rise to 100,000 cars. Production of the Cabrio began January 22 in Hambach, France. Toyota, VW renew ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"EUROPE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.