PARIS â€“ Sales of navigation equipment are booming in Europe, but it isn't all good news for the automobile industry. The bulk of the boom is in handheld devices such as personal digital assistants (PDAs) or mobile telephones, and they have safety implications. "A smart phone is fine in front of your eyes," says Daniel Augello, a Renault SA expert who spoke at a gathering of ITS France here. "But in the car, it is less practical." Next month, mobile telephone operators will begin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Europeâ€™s Boom in Nav System Sales Puts Spotlight on Safety" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.