Restructuring in Europe and the Visteon Corp. spin-off took a $3.3 billion bite out of Ford Motor Co.'s earnings, as the automaker posted a net loss of $577 million for the second quarter. On an operating basis, Ford fared much better, pocketing a record $2.7 billion, up from like-1999's $2.5 billion. The performance came on revenues of $44.5 billion, a rise of 6.2% from year-ago. Overall, the automaker's return-on-sales hit 5.6%, up half a point from 1999. But in North America its ROS ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Europe, Visteon Trim Ford Earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.