NEW CASTLE, U.K. – Changes to the European Union's block exemption rules, freeing the auto industry from having to comply with a string of regulations, will spark a price war in the U.K. car service and repair market, a private study shows. The accounting firm KPMG, which specializes in the U.K.’s automotive industry, says car owners are set to benefit as the reforms lead to an "explosion" in the number of small independent service providers competing on price. (see related ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Block Exemption Paves Way for Service and Repair Sector" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.