The European Commission's competition authority has cleared the purchase by General Motors Corp. of a series of production and sales outlets from bankrupt South Korean auto maker Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. GM has agreed to acquire some of Daewoo's assembly plants for passenger cars and light-commercial vehicles in Korea and Vietnam, together with sales subsidiaries in Austria, the Benelux region, (Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg), France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Switzerland. (see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Commission Approves GM-Daewoo Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.