LONDON – The European Parliament has added its voice to growing political pressure within the European Union to eliminate taxes and other restrictions preventing free trade of new automobiles in the 15-nation bloc. The European Parliament has backed a resolution to restructure vehicle taxes. At present, EU Member States levy such widely varying tax rates on auto purchases that the same car can be bought in Denmark or Finland, for example, at less than two-thirds of the price in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Parliament Backing Vehicle-Tax Restructuring" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.