PARIS – Big declines in March light-vehicle sales in Spain and Italy more than offset small gains in France and Germany, driving overall deliveries in 25 European Union markets down 5.0%. The result caused first-quarter results to dip 2.3% to a total 3,583,185 units. Nine countries saw sales declines in March, led by Greece’s 55% plunge. Portugal, like Greece, is experiencing economic difficulty and deliveries there tumbled, as well. However, Ireland, which also is suffering challenging ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"European Vehicle Sales Falter in March" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.