In its pursuit of electrified vehicles, the global automotive industry may be on the verge of validating American philosopher George Santayana’s famous phrase: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Bob Casey, automobile historian and curator of transportation at The Henry Ford, a museum in Dearborn, MI, says many of the same issues that plagued early electric vehicles still exist, even as the industry, along with some politicians, continue to hype the technology as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Is EV History Repeating?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.