TROY, MI – Although almost everyone in the automotive industry now agrees battery- powered electric vehicles will not be the utopian answer to future transportation, Texaco Ovonic Battery Systems is unflagging in its optimism there remains a huge potential market for the same sort of automotive storage batteries that once were seen as a critical component for now-defunct EVs. In March, Texaco Ovonic will be under way with automotive/stationary power battery production at this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"As EVs Disappear, Texaco Ovonic Remains Bullish on Batteries" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.