CHICAGO – Ford Motor Co. may delay plans to pull its giant Excursion SUV and mainstream Taurus sedan from its lineup. Excursion production was slated to end next August, but resilient demand may stay the execution, says Ford Div. President Steve Lyons. "Some thought is being given to continuing (Excursion),” he says. “We're selling 2,000 a month, but even if sales go to 1,000 we could keep it in the lineup. Ford sells 2,000 Excursions per month. “We're not being forced to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Excursion, Taurus Could Get Reprieve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.