Hoping to regain the brand awareness lost when Sears stopped buying its batteries for its Die Hard brand, Exide Corp. unveils the Orbital Select, a premium lead-acid battery that claims to give more starting power and longer life. Exide Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Lutz is calling it “the Dodge Viper of car batteries.” The new 12-volt battery uses tightly rolled, instead of flat, plates placed into six cylindrical cells, giving it vibration resistance. Because the electrolyte is not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Exide Introduces New Long-Life Battery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.