DETROIT -- Passenger car and truck exports from plants in the U.S. and Canada continue to slide from year-ago levels. Overall shipments totaled 306,238 through August, a drop of 11.5% from the 346,088 of like-2000. They are losing ground: through May shipments were down only 8.9% compared to the previous year. See related data Passenger car exports, at 145,975 through August, represent a 12.1% drop from like-2000’s 166,043, again substantially worse than the 8.1% slowdown being ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Export Levels Continue to Fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.