NEW YORK – The new F-Series pickup launch will last until December 2004, making it the longest new-model rollout in Ford Motor Co. history. The ’04 F-150 launch began in early September with the start of the NFL season and will stretch through the end of next year. Normally a rollout is completed within six months of production startup, says Doug Scott, marketing manager of Ford's truck group. But because the new Dearborn Truck Plant won't begin ’04 F-150 production until May, Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"F-Series Trucks in Ford's Longest Launch Ever" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.