ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – Remember the sticker shock the last time you reached for a can of quality paint at your neighborhood hardware store? Ford's Louisville, KY, plant will use Fanuc's P-200E robots to paint the inside of pickup truck boxes. Although auto makers buy paint by the barrel and have leverage as high-volume buyers, even they are not immune. In fact, automotive paint, because it must be so robust, can cost up to $70 per gallon. The equipment and robots necessary ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fanuc Shaves Size, Cost from Paint Booth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.