BEIJING — Talks between leading Chinese truckmaker First Auto Works and Germany's DaimlerChrysler AG regarding establishing a possible commercial-truck joint venture has come to a screeching halt. “DaimlerChrysler representatives have acted arrogantly in front of their Chinese counterparts,” says one FAW official in a published report. “This is not a good basis for the talks or a satisfactory beginning to the cooperation.” Officials from the German company's commercial vehicle division ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FAW, DaimlerChrysler cease talks on commercial truck venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.