JILIN — China's largest automaker, First Auto Works, joins the mini-vehicle market with the launch of its Jiegang-brand mini-bus, nicknamed Jiabao. The company has invested RMB300 million (US$36.2 million) to produce the mini-bus at its light vehicle factory here, which previously produced mini-vehicles before it was taken over by FAW Group in 1985. The 3.5-m. (3.8-yd.) Jiegang is powered by a 0.8L or 1.0L gasoline engine made by Harbin Dong'an Engine Mfg. Co. Ltd., China's largest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FAW Group launches into mini market with Jiegang mini-bus project" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.