CHANGCHUN — First Auto Works-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. is offering the first mid-level priced family passenger car in China with an automatic transmission. Company officials expect the car to create a lot of interest. Called the Jetta City Pioneer, the car uses an automatic transmission developed by VW and will be competitively priced about RMB186,000 (US$22,464). The automaker expects to sell about 20,000 of the models. Chinese consumers are now looking for cars that are more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FAW-VW launches first passenger car with automatic transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.