First Auto Works-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. says its annual sales are expected to rise by more than 60% over last year. The Changchun joint venture’s total sales this year are set to exceed 200,000 units, up from 124,000 in 2002. The rise parallels a national trend. Sales of domestically made cars grew by 52% year-on-year to 908,100 units in the year’s first 10 months, according to the China Assn. of Automobile Manufacturers. FAW-VW officials credit high quality and a diversified ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FAW VW Registers 60% Sales Surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.