CHANGCHUN — FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Co., Ltd., based in northeast China's Jilin province, plans to manufacture 88,000 Jetta cars and 6,550 Audi models for 1999. Production of the company's newest Jetta, the City Pioneer, is expected to reach 20,000 units. The Audi C5 and the fuel-injected Jetta 2V go on sale in October. The company, last year, turned out 60,000 Jettas.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FAW-VW steps up Jetta, Audi output for year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.