The 39,463 medium- and heavy-duty trucks sold in February represent a 2.6% decline against like-1999 figures, the first monthly drop for the industry in over two years. The decrease could be a forebearer of a slower but still healthy sales pace in 2000, as many analysts and executives predicted. Despite the downturn, year-to-date deliveries still are running 2.9% ahead of year-ago (73,963 vs. 71,853). Medium- and heavy-duty segments both posted declines. In the medium-duty segment ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"February Truck Sales Decline; EC Blocks Volvo Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.