Consumers, capitalizing on a strong economy, rising incomes, generous market incentives and early tax refunds, hit dealer showrooms in droves last month making it the best February in history and yielding the second best results ever for any month on a seasonally adjusted basis. U.S. light vehicle sales surged to a 19.2-million seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) in February, second only to September 1986's 21.2 million SAAR. The rate was well above January's exceptionally high 17.8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"February U.S. Sales Soar to New High" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.