Although much is made of exotic materials usage in Formula One racing, at least one area of development is taking a step backward: brake discs. Southfield, MI's, Federal Mogul Corp. says it has developed a new brake pad formulation, DS4000, that will outperform contemporary Formula One cars' carbon brake pad/carbon fiber disc arrangements. Federal Mogul's carbon/carbon brake system, Ferodo DS11, has displayed outstanding performance in the Formula One environment, but company research ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Federal Mogul likes cast iron brake discs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.