Federal Mogul’s 50-lb. piston ring. A team of engineers located at Federal-Mogul Corp. facilities in Burscheid and Friedberg, Germany, along with the company’s piston-ring technology group, recently developed a gargantuan piston ring for the engines of large cargo ships. Shipping companies are striving to produce larger ships with greater cargo capacity, which in turn requires larger engines to power the vessels. The Federal-Mogul team developed the gigantic piston ring for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Federal-Mogul Makes Giant Ring" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.