Ferrari SpA is working on a new engine technology it says could revolutionize Formula 1 racing. The Italian automaker and F1 race team owner is developing an engine that combines both direct and indirect fuel injection systems. If the technology is successful, it could take F1 engines to the next level, Ferrari believes. Currently, all F1 engines are indirectly injected, and while many engine manufacturers are working on direct injection, it is believed that only Ferrari is trying to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ferrari developing direct/indirect injection" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.