Ford Motor Co. and Fiat SpA are not exactly strangers. When they aren't duking it out in the automotive bidding ring, they're filling up one another's dance card. For example: The two companies' U.K. truckmaking and distribution subsidiaries are merged in a joint venture called Iveco Ford Truck Ltd. Each company owns 23.6% of Van Doorne's Transmissie BV, a Dutch developer and maker of continuously variable transmissions. Ford supplies Fiat with CVTs from its Bordeaux, France, plant. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat and Ford: friend and foe, the two share global partnerships" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.