Fiat Auto SpA, in an effort to stay on a recovery course as the European auto market remains in neutral, says it will lay off as many as 2,500 workers at its Mirafiori plant in Turin, Italy, for two weeks in April. The auto maker also plans to suspend production of the Multipla multipurpose vehicle at the plant until June 20, when an all-new version goes into production. Some 840 workers will be affected by the temporary halt. The Multipla has suffered weak sales due to its controversial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Announces Additional Layoffs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.