SAO PAULO – Fiat Automoveis SA has purchased General Motors do Brasil Ltda.’s foundry operation in Sao Jose dos Campos Sao Paulo. Teksid considers itself the world' s largest foundry for iron and aluminum car parts. The deal calls for a gradual transfer of the unit to Fiat’s Teksid automotive components division in Betim, Minas Gerais, which then will supply products to GM. The amount of the transaction has not been revealed. Alliance partners Fiat Auto SpA and GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Brazil Buys GM Foundry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.