TURIN – A key component in Fiat SpA’s successful bid last week to acquire beleaguered Carrozzeria Bertone SpA was a promise to retain jobs and produce Chrysler-brand niche vehicles at the contract-manufacturer’s plant here. Italian Industry Minister Claudio Scajola approved the sale to Fiat, saying the decision to turn the manufacturing operations over to the Italian car maker “is based on the return of all the 1,137 workers still on the payroll of Carrozzeria Bertone...and the production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat to Build Chryslers at Bertone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.