TURIN – The first of Fiat Automobile SpA’s next-generation Fiat 500, known as the Cinquecento here, officially has not been sold yet and already the auto maker is looking for a new production site to handle capacity for the subcompact cars on its A-platform, which until now has been concentrated in Fiat’s Tychy, Poland, plant. “We had 10,000 (Cinquecento) orders the first day in Italy,” says Luca De Meo, president of the Fiat brand. “We are going to have delivery problems, but we’ll face ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Celebrates Launch of New Cinquecento With Party, Fireworks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.