MUMBAI – Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. is postponing by one month the launch of its critical new Linea sedan as a result of the recent terrorist strike in Mumbai. The car, which features 1.2L gasoline and 1.4L diesel engines, was to roll out this month but now will stay under wraps until Jan. 9 and carry an ’09 model designation. Fiat is determined to make the Linea a success after struggling to establish its Palio model in India, an effort doomed by poor marketing and an inadequate sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Delays Linea Launch in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.