MUMBAI – Despite Fiat Auto SpA’s latest restructuring plan calling for cutbacks and plant closings, the financially troubled parent is infusing its struggling Indian operation with additional capital and renewed efforts to instill confidence in dealers, vendors and customers. New Palio diesel is helping prop up Fiat India’s sales. Fiat India says it will do this by bringing in new models, cutting costs and reviving sales. The new infusion of cash will help wipe out its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Gives Indian Operation Money, Fresh Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.