Fiat-GM Powertrain is on the lookout for new customers. Although executives turn shy when pressed for details, they say the 50/50 joint venture is hoping to broaden its customer base beyond parents General Motors Corp. and Fiat Auto SpA. Targeted are GM partners such as Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (Subaru), Suzuki Motor Corp., Isuzu Motors Ltd. and newly acquired Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., but the JV isn’t limiting its sights to those companies. And although top-level executives say there’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat-GM JV Aims to Broaden Reach" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.