Fiat SpA and General Motors Corp. have failed to reach an agreement after completing an extensive mediation process to discuss the validity of an option in their joint venture agreement that could force GM to buy Fiat’s money-losing automotive operations. In a prepared statement, Fiat says no agreement has been reached between the two auto makers, clearing the way for Fiat to enact the “put option,” forcing GM to acquire the 90% of the ailing Italian auto maker it doesn’t already own some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat-GM Mediation Ends Without Agreement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.