MUMBAI – Alberto Montanari, chairman and managing director of Fiat India Ltd., is trying to speed recovery of the Italian auto maker’s fortunes here. Fiat Gingo holds appeal for Indian market. He has a new marketing team that is meeting with dealers and customers across the country, charting a strategy for the launch of the new Palio diesel. As late as 2001, Fiat could not find a foothold in India. The Palio gained momentum by mid-2002, taking Fiat sales to more than 4,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat India Chief Says Diesel Palio, New Gingo Will Speed Recovery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.