ROUEN, France â€“ Fiat Automobiles SpAâ€™s strategy for meeting Europeâ€™s 2014 Euro 6 rules for a 56% reduction in oxides-of-nitrogen emissions is the opposite of PSA Peugeot Citroenâ€™s approach. The French auto maker plans to tune its engines for fuel efficiency and use aftertreatment technology to treat the extra NOx, while Fiat intends to reduce NOx at the engine-out phase to a level that doesnâ€™t require aftertreatment. Fiat further is developing its MultiAir valve control already in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Powertrain Engineer Says Cost, Fuel Efficiency Key to Dieselâ€™s Survival" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.