ROUEN, France â Fiat Automobiles SpAâs strategy for meeting Europeâs 2014 Euro 6 rules for a 56% reduction in oxides-of-nitrogen emissions is the opposite of PSA Peugeot Citroenâs approach. The French auto maker plans to tune its engines for fuel efficiency and use aftertreatment technology to treat the extra NOx, while Fiat intends to reduce NOx at the engine-out phase to a level that doesnât require aftertreatment. Fiat further is developing its MultiAir valve control already in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Powertrain Engineer Says Cost, Fuel Efficiency Key to Dieselâs Survival" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.