A few months before it goes into the engine bay of a variety of all-new or renewed models from Fiat Auto SpA – and subsequently General Motors Corp.’s Adam Opel AG – the Italian auto maker unveils its all-new, high-performance small-displacement turbodiesel engine. Called the 1.3L Multijet 16-Valve, the new engine meets and surpasses the Euro Stage IV emissions standards with no need for a particulate filter. Its aim is to repeat the success of its predecessor, the small, 4-cyl. FIRE ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Previews New Multijet Diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.