Fiat Auto SpA indicates it is focused on electronically controlled, infinitely variable valve timing (VVT) and common rail fuel-injection systems for its future light-duty turbodiesel engines. Other elements Fiat may couple with high-efficiency diesels are combination flywheel-alternator-starters, electrically assisted turbochargers and "intelligent" coolant and oil systems. Fiat says it prefers common rail fuel injection over pump/injector systems (largely used by Volkswagen AG) because ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Readies VVT, Other Enhancements for Diesels" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.