TURIN – Fiat Auto SpA has been in trouble before, but nothing like this. With sales down 20% this year in the home market and by a similar amount across Europe, Fiat is bleeding. Stilo failed to meet sales expectations Overcapacity, disappointing sales of the all-important new Stilo, the delayed launch of a number of key models, including the flagship Lancia Thesis, and a weak, disillusioned, dealer network have created the image that Fiat is a loser. The perception here is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Running Out of Time" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.