Fiat Auto SpA says it will idle its largest manufacturing plant, Mirafiori in Turin, for one week as part of ongoing plans to move production in line with demand. The closure will take place Feb. 21-27, idling approximately 6,000 workers. The decision comes on the back of Fiat’s previously announced plans to shutter its Termini Imerese plant in Sicily Feb. 21-Mar. 6, as well as its Cassino plant near Naples Feb. 28-Mar.6.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Stalls Mirafiori Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.