Fiat SpA says it will withhold taking any action against General Motors Corp. until the two conclude a mediation process Feb. 1. The auto makers have agreed to conduct mediation to resolve the legitimacy of a clause in their partnership that allows Fiat to force GM to buy the 90% of the Italian conglomerate’s ailing automotive unit (Fiat Auto Spa) it doesn’t already own. The agreement was signed by then-Fiat Chairman Gianni Agnelli and GM Chairman Jack Smith on March 13, 2000. (See ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Temporarily Halts Put Action" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.