“Clearly at my age in this industry, is a little bit of an aberration. In Japan, with the importance that's put on age, gray hairs and seniority, it's been a topic that the press has picked up on. I faced this both when I worked in Argentina, running Ford Argentina, and when I first came to Japan, running the sales and marketing function at Mazda. My approach has always been I don't focus on that. I go in, work with my colleagues, roll my sleeves up, and have them base me on my competence. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fields on age issue:" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.