DEARBORN, MI – The U.S. fullsize SUV market is even weaker than expected, says Ford Motor Co. Executive Vice President Mark Fields, and that is cause for serious concern as the auto maker gets ready to launch new, critical models into the sector. “The large SUV segment is down about 14% this year,” says Fields, who also overseas U.S. operations as Ford’s president-The Americas. “We always expected a decline, but it’s going at a more accelerated rate, so that’s a bit of a concern for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fields Concerned About Slumping Fullsize SUV Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.